The next generation of Galaxy has arrived! Samsung launched its series of S10 models on 8th March 2019, including the S10, S10 Plus, and S10e models. In addition, its new S10 5G model was launched much later in different countries. The Galaxy S10 5G is one of Samsung’s first 5-G enabled devices. Samsung usually releases two S phones each year, including a classic S10 model and the S10 Plus with improved specs and larger screen. However, this year is different from its previous ones. Samsung Galaxy has launched two different models, with its completely new entry of the Galaxy S10e and S10 5G devices.
“There is a Samsung Galaxy S10 phone for everyone in the company’s extensive 2019 line-up.” The S10 series comes with several meaningful upgrades, especially in the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus models along with the more affordable and portable Galaxy S10e and the gigantic Galaxy S10 5G.
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Dimensions & Weight: 142.2 x 69.9 x 7.9 mm | 150 g - This is the smallest and lightest device amongst all the other devices in the S10 series, making it a perfect travel companion on all your life adventures.
- Display: 5.8” Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display (2280x1080) - While all the other devices come with a wide Quad HD+ display, Galaxy S10e is the only device in the S10 series with a Full HD+ display. The Full HD+ display allows you to shoot in the super steady mode.
- Colours: Being the only device with the Canary Yellow colour edition, Galaxy S10e comes in 5 different colours, including: Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, and Canary Yellow.
- Camera: Unlike the other S10 models, S10e sacrifices the third rear camera. It therefore only comprises of the 12 megapixel wide-angle camera, and the 16 megapixel ultra wide camera. In terms of the 10 megapixel front camera, S10e only has one selfie camera.
- Performance & Memory: Galaxy S10e comes with the smallest battery capacity of 3100mAh. Likewise, it’s RAM is also the smallest with a size of 6GB for the device with 128 GB of internal storage in comparison to the other models.
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Dimensions & Weight: 149.9 x 70.4 x 7.8 mm | 157 g - Although the difference is minor, Galaxy S10 is slightly heavier and bigger in size.
- Display: 6.1" Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display (3040x1440)
- Colours: Galaxy S10 comes in the classic 4 colours of the S10 series, including Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue.
- Camera: Galaxy S10 comes with a triple rear camera, including the 12 megapixel telephoto lens which is excluded in the S10e model, 12 megapixel wide-angle camera, and the 16 megapixel ultra wide camera. Front Camera specification is the same as S10e.
- Performance & Memory: This model holds a greater battery capacity of 3400mAh compared to S10e. In terms of memory, both 128GB and 512GB have 8GB of RAM space.
- Samsung Galaxy S10+
- Dimensions & Weight: 157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8 mm | The device’s Glass model weight is 175g and it’s Ceramic model weight is 198g. It is heavier and larger version of the S10 model.
- Display: 6.4" Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display (3040x1440)
- Colours: When it comes to the design and colours, this product line offers the widest range of colours. The model comes in 6 colours, including Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Ceramic White, Ceramic Black.
- Camera: Unlike S10e and S10, the S10+ model has a dual front camera, including the 10 megapixel selfie camera and an 8 megapixel RGB Depth camera. The rear camera specifications are the same as Galaxy S10.
- Performance & Memory: Galaxy S10+ has an even greater battery capacity of 4100mAh. In regards to memory, aside from the 8GB RAM space with 128GB 512GB of internal storage, the model also has 12GB RAM space with 1TB of internal storage, which is only available in the Performance Edition Ceramic Models.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
- Dimensions & Weight: 162.6 x 77.1 x 7.9 mm | 198 g - This model is the largest amongst the S10 series and is perfect for all you gamers or movie buff out there!
- Display: 6.7" Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display (3040x1440)
- Colours: Although available in only 3 selective colours, this model comes in exclusive colour editions that other models do not have, including Crown Silver, Majestic Black, and Royal Gold.
- Camera: This model’s front and rear camera is also exceptional. Its front camera comprises of the 10 megapixel selfie camera along with a new 3D Depth Camera. When it comes to the rear camera, Galaxy S10 5G is the only model amongst the S10 series to have a Quadruple camera. Aside from the 12 megapixel Telephoto, 12 megapixel wide-angle camera, and 16 megapixel ultra wide camera, Galaxy S10 5G also has an additional 3D Depth camera.
- Performance & Memory: Galaxy S10 5G comes with the highest battery capacity of 4500mAh and is particularly known for its super fast charging compatibility with power adapter and cable. It comprises of 8GB RAM space with 256 GB and 512 GB of internal storage.
The Samsung Galaxy S10e has several distinctive features from the other models of the S10 series and Samsung in general which could be advantageous or disadvantageous to users for different reasons. A major distinction is its flat display. The Galaxy S10e model eliminates the iconic “Edge” feature that Samsung is known for ever since its launch of Galaxy S7. This is the first model of Samsung to have done so prior to Galaxy S7 series. This change of display can make protecting your smartphone a lot easier. A flat display gives a higher chance to prevent the edges from cracks when encountering drops. However, it also excludes the user from additional shortcuts that the curved display offers. Moreover, with just a 5.8inch Dynamic AMOLED screen, this model is much smaller than the other models, the smallest among the Galaxy S10 series. Other specifications being the same, the S10e model also has no in-display fingerprint sensor, but has a capacitive sensor on the right edge of the device instead. Furthermore, the S10e model comprises of only 2 camera lenses, including the new ultra wide angle lens along with the standard 12 megapixel lens, eliminating the telephoto lens that exists in the S10 and S10 Plus models. Aside from that, S10e is the only S10 series model that comes in the vibrant Canary Yellow colour. This portable, minimalistic yet fully functional device is a perfect pick for those travel enthusiasts who don’t want to add much bulk on their life adventures.
Own a Samsung smartphone but in search for that protective case or simply don’t have one yet? Catalyst’s wide range of Samsung Galaxy Impact cases are for you! The Catalyst Impact Protection Cases for Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10E have the signature features that Catalyst is recognized for; a grippy rubber bumper, lanyard attachment and clear case back to show off your Samsung Galaxy phone and is compatible with Wireless Charging. Added Impact protection from our innovative trust cushioning system increases the drop protection up to 3m (9.9ft). The rear camera is sealed and protected to keep out dust and debris, while the sloped rubber seal provides easy and smooth access to the fingerprint sensor. The case is easy to put on and off and provides ideal everyday protection.
Considering all the features mentioned above, Catalyst cases shall provide your Samsung device the ultimate protection without adding much bulk and will be there to accompany you in all your life adventures!